Skip to content
Home » Press Releases » The Best Pelvic Health Specialists to Help Treat Urinary Incontinence in Women according to

The Best Pelvic Health Specialists to Help Treat Urinary Incontinence in Women according to

The Best Pelvic Health Specialists to Help Treat Urinary Incontinence in Women according to

Many women today suffer from urinary incontinence but fail to speak to their doctor. They find it embarrassing to discuss this problem but shouldn’t. Doctors treat this condition in both sexes regularly and can be of help. 

The loss of bladder control might be minor or it could be severe. Some women find they leak urine when they sneeze or cough. Other ladies, however, discover they suddenly have the urge to urinate and they cannot get to the bathroom in time. 

Is it Normal?

While this problem becomes more common as a person ages, it can affect any age. In addition, a person doesn’t need to live with urinary incontinence regardless of how old they are. When it interferes with normal activities, it’s time to speak to the doctor. To learn more about pelvic health and how it plays a role in urinary incontinence, click over here

The doctor may recommend lifestyle or dietary changes to see if that is enough to resolve the problem. If it doesn’t, medical care can address the symptoms. What do women need to know about this common condition and when treatment is needed? 

Behavioral Treatments

Women often find lifestyle changes are enough to treat urinary incontinence. The doctor may recommend the woman time her bathroom trips to ensure the bladder does not fill. They may also train the woman in urinary suppression to control the sudden need to go.

Medical professionals recommend a woman stop smoking because it leads to the need to cough. Excessive coughing irritates the bladder and can lead to urine leaking. Pelvic floor exercises also help to control the flow of urine. Physical therapist at Concept Pelvic Health in Keller fills need with specialty and can help women with these exercises to regain control of the bladder. 

Medical Treatments

Doctors prescribe several medications to treat urinary incontinence. This includes anticholinergics, Mirabegron, alpha blockers, and topical estrogen. However, alpha blockers tend to be reserved for men, and topical estrogen is a treatment women use for this condition. 

According to, if medications and lifestyle changes aren’t enough to resolve the loss of bladder control, a doctor may recommend other medical treatments. Electrical stimulation might be used to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles, or the doctor may recommend a medical device or interventional therapies. 

When other treatments fail, a woman might find she needs surgery to regain control of the bladder. Several options are offered today. The doctor might may insert a sling to keep the urethra closed or recommend bladder neck suspension. Other options include an artificial urinary sphincter or prolapse surgery. This depends on the patient. 

The Last Resort

At times, all medical treatments and lifestyle changes fail. In this situation, a woman may find she needs to use absorbent pads to contain any urine that leaks or a catheter to drain the bladder. However, all other options should be tried first. Contact Hinge Health today to make an appointment with a physical therapist trained to deal with pelvic health issues in women before accepting the loss of bladder control as part of the natural aging process. 

Every woman should speak to their doctor about urinary incontinence. By being proactive, a woman will know what signs to look for and when she should see the doctor for help with this problem. However, never discount the importance of a physical therapist as part of the treatment plan, particularly when the loss of bladder control come with other symptoms, such as back pain. The therapist will work with the client to resolve all issues they are experiencing to improve the patient’s quality of life while addressing the health concerns. 

Media Contact
Company Name:
Contact Person: Media Relations
Email: Send Email
Phone: 407-875-1833
Country: United States